“All Is Well” Trump Reacts As Iran Attacks Us Forces In Iraq
President Donald Trump has reacted to yesterday’s night attack by Iran on US and coalition forces stationed at bases in Iraq.
Iran launched at least a dozen ballistic missiles against U.S. military and coalition forces in Iraq. We are not clear yet if any U.S. service members were hurt in the strike.
Reacting, Trump tweeted this morning “All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq,” Trump tweeted.
“Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.”
Hours before the Tuesday night attacks, Trump told reporters at the
White House that “if Iran does anything that they shouldn’t be doing,
they’re going to be suffering the consequences and very strongly.” Trump noted also that the United States was “totally prepared” for Iran to retaliate, and “we’re prepared to attack if we have to as
Trump spent part of Tuesday night meeting with top advisers at the White House about the attacks, including Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Army
Gen. Mark Miller. Both the Pentagon and the Iranian government were unequivocal about who was behind the attacks.
Iran’s foreign minister, Javad Zarif, said in a tweet late Tuesday that Iran “took & concluded proportionate measures in self-defense.” Zarif added, “We do not seek escalation or war, but will defend ourselves against any aggression.”